Friday, January 29, 2016

Thoughts of the future

Maybe it's just the emotional show I just watched which involved a surrogate mother or the video clip I just saw of a dad FAINTING at his baby's gender reveal party because he was so overjoyed that he was finally getting a son after 4 daughters...but I'm a wreck today! A happy wreck, don't be sad, I'm crying happy tears.

No these tears aren't for these people, they're for me and my husband. They're for me imagining us in those shoes. Imagining my husband being so overjoyed when I get to tell him a baby is coming our way. Of him being so excited to learn he will be having a son or daughter. Of us getting this amazing miracle in our lives to stress us the HELL out but to have it all worth it. This is a short and sweet post, but at least it's a good one.

I can't wait for that moment of seeing our baby for the first time. I have a million fears but I know none will be there at that moment. That blissful, time-stopping moment of seeing OUR babies face for the very first time. Holding our baby, hearing our baby and our baby seeing us. I've thought of a thousand different ways I want our first moment to be, but I think I'll never be able to actually plan it. It will just happen how it needs to happen, whether we are surrounded by everyone, or have just an intimate few moments just the three of us. Who knows. All I know is that it will be probably one of the happiest moments of my life and just thinking about it is bringing smiling tears to my eyes as I type. I can't wait for this moment, but I know it will happen when it NEEDS to. If it's this year or next, amazing, if it's not, then it's not. But it WILL happen.

I love my husband so much and can't wait to meet our family someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment