Thursday, April 9, 2015

Tax Time Savings!

So usually my blog entries are a bit sad and depressing and make you all have a little frowny face...well, hopefully this time, I can turn that frown upside-down!

Allen (da hubs to those of you who may not know and have obviously not read the blog entry bragging and bla bla-ing about him) has a good friend he works with whose best friend works in an adoption agency. Or works with an agency...or something like that. Allen has been the main communication between all of them so all I really know is she may have access to our future baby!

We have been flirting with the idea of adoption lately, giving a baby out there a chance to a great life with us, to join our family. We haven't spoken with them yet about all of the details but the idea that we could be adopting sometime in the near future makes me excited. Yes I still get that stab of jealousy and envy when I see you all post pictures of your cute bellies, sonogram pics, being able to watch it and feel it grow, get the excitement of finding out the gender, but guess what, I'll get some of those things in my own way. I won't get a baby bump but maybe a baby gut from stress and nervous eating just waiting for that call! I may get a sonogram picture, being able to watch it grow and feeling the excitement as the gender is revealed if we work with a woman who is pregnant at the time and lets us be part. If not, I'll be able to feel it grow in my heart and watch our home become ready for OUR baby. I'll become excited when I hear what gender of baby is available to come home with us. Just knowing that I'll become a mommy, and Allen, a daddy just fills my heart with joy and so much excitement.

I was being a crazy lady on Pinterest, and I found so many adoption things that had me smiling from ear to ear. I found adoption baby showers, adopting "maternity" photo sessions, adoption quotes, books, tshirts and more! Ideas were FLYING through my head involving fundraising ideas to help with the cost of adoption (though if you look at the title, we have put a nice little chunk aside from our taxes and have a decent amount saved up but woo can it be expensive!) I've been pinning nursery ideas and even how to work your body into producing milk so I can breastfeed this new miracle even though my body didn't grow it. I know we will absolutely adore this little baby, wherever it is, but we will have to bond with it and get it to bond with us. It's a tiny stranger that we know nothing about but holy moly am I excited to learn!

This is still in the distant but near future, don't expect a post next week saying we've had a baby, but knowing that this conversation is happening, and planning and saving is happening brings me so much happiness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment