Thursday, February 5, 2015

I want to post all about my incredible husband today...just so you all can meet him for who he really is. His name is Allen and he's the biggest blessing I've ever been given. I can say all of the generic "my husband is the best" descriptive words like: caring, trustworthy, handsome, funny, bla bla bla. But guess what, he is all of those things and so much more.

I've had a rough past with men; several of them cheating on me or just genuinely making me feel like I didn't matter. I started getting to the point where I'd just throw myself out there on the first date! If you don't feel you can handle my illnesses, the costs and emotional destruction they could cause, if you can't handle my severe depression that makes me need you so bad while I'm pushing you away, if you aren't happy that I can't carry your child...then move along. I told all of this to Allen very quick into dating and he's always assured me he will be there no matter what. And he has been.

We met January of 2013...I was the Verizon employee who caught a glimpse of the most handsome giant she has ever seen (6'7"). I quickly made my way to the front to beg my manager to allow me to work with him because I just had this feeling I needed to. I even told a coworker as soon as I saw him that he was my future husband...she didn't believe me. I found out soon after I creeped on his Facebook that he was, unfortunately for me, taken. I patiently waited for him to become available because it all felt so different. I only saw him twice in person before our first date in March, but I just couldn't deny the feeling that something was much different with him.

Our first date took place at Bastone Brewery in downtown Royal Oak, MI. I had this terrible feeling he was going to stand me up, I mean why would such a handsome, successful man want to date me, the creepy Verizon tech girl? I came around the corner, and there his beautiful smile with giant dimples sat, waiting for me! I was so nervous and acted like a total fool, but I was able to snag date #2 :)!! Any time spent with him wasn't enough and it flew by too quickly! Finally, April 7th, 2013, he officially became mine, and I, his.

Our dating experience consisted of a crazy ex (mine) and a terrible diagnosis (his dad). His amazing father was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic, lung and liver cancer...they gave him 3 months to live. God blessed us and gave him MUCH longer than originally predicted...we got an incredible year and 4 months with him. In that time, he welcomed his first granddaughter, enjoyed an incredible, pool-filled summer with his grandsons and family, and accepted me as his daughter-in-law. Allen proposed to me September 14th, 2014 and we were married November 9th, 2014. Yes, we rushed it like crazy because we knew we were only so lucky to have this time with Al, Allen's dad. Allen made him a groomsmen which was amazing to have him up on stage with his son during our ceremony, he blessed our rings in front of everyone and I was lucky enough to get my very own dance with him! Even though he will not physically be there for our children, he will most certainly be a huge part of their lives!!!

Anyways, Allen and his family have been the most amazing people to come into my lives. I always say, God only puts people in your lives when you need them. Whether it's to teach you a lesson or be an everlasting part, you only meet them when you need to. I would have loved to know him before, of course, but I didn't need to. This man has brought me back to the real me. I was in a terrible dark place where I really didn't care if I died, I was unbelievably depressed, pushed everyone away from me, I was miserable and felt worthless...but then here comes 6'7" with his long arms and pulled me out of that deep, dark hole.

I'm not quite sure where I'd be if I never met Allen, what my life would be like, my relationship with my family or if I'd even have any friends. I am sooooo unbelievably happy he came into my life. He is the strength when I need it, the positivity when I can't seem to find it, the smile when mine is lacking and the faith when I've lost it. Now, I want to bring a child into the world with his amazing man because I KNOW he will be one of the most incredible fathers anyone could ever imagine. I love you, Allen!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment